Deepstream VR’s Cool! for Pain Management
DeepStream VR experiences tap your brain’s natural power to help your body overcome physical challenges
Cool! is a virtual reality experience for pain relief that is designed to appeal to both children and adults. Watch some of the reactions to Cool! including members of the new Off-Broadway play “Ugly Lies The Bone” written by Lindsey Ferrentino and starring Mamie Gummer.
Leading hospitals are using DeepStream VR experiences like COOL! to help patients escape and manage pain without drugs. COOL! transports you on a journey through a beautiful landscape of changing seasons. Meet and play with the creatures who live there.
What Makes COOL! Special:
- Each player can find their own mix of active fun and relaxation
- Endless game play; the user directs how long they want to interact with the VR environment and how they move through it (speed/direction)
- Flexible system runs with a VR helmet or an immersive 3D screen-based system
- Biofeedback components enhance mindfulness and resilience training
- Biosensors help induce flow state by controlling the intensity of the experience to maximize benefits
Dr. Ted Jones of Pain Consultants of East Tennessee, Knoxville, recently achieved impressive results in a study using DeepStream VR’s pain relief application, COOL!, with neuropathic pain patients.
- Pain reductions of 60-70% during the VR treatment
- 30-50% immediately after treatment
- This effect lasted up to 48 hours after treatment
- No patients reported any dizziness, headache or nausea
Dr. Jones concluded “This study supports wider use and further study of VR pain control therapy as an adjunct or potential replacement pain therapy. These findings are especially significant and timely in light of the strong clinical shift away from narcotic drug therapies.”